Circular Food Trays Due for Trial Soon in Seven House Dining Halls

Circular food trays will soon be used in House Dining Halls, William A. Heaman, manager of Dining Halls, disclosed yesterday.

Five hundred of the new trays have been ordered and are expected to arrive in "one to six months." They will be divided among the seven House dining halls for student approval."

If the trays prove popular, more will be ordered, and the present rectangular trays will gradually be replaced.

The new trays, already in use in the graduate Harkness Commons, are divided into six sections like pieces of pie with a circular section in the middle.

Their "sand" color, Heaman explained brings out the natural color of the Food and makes it more appetizing.

No More Plates

The rectangular trays came into use in 1946, succeeding the stainless steel trays used by the Navy here during the war. Before the war students ate from plates.

Heaman would not reveal how much the new trays cost. He said they were custom-built for the University. The rectangular trays cost $2.50 each, he recalled.