Crippled Five Meets Sailors At Annapolis

Three new men will be in the Crimson's starting lineup when the basketball team meets Navy at Annapolis this afternoon. Because injuries have crippled two of his biggest men, Coach Norm Shepard has been forced to change his team into a small, quick, fast-breaking outfit.

Gerry Murphy will replace his roommate Bob Bramhall at one of the forwards, while Jim Gabler will take the forward position that has been occupied by either of the injured men, Captain Ed Smith or John Stevenson. Murphy, who showed fine shooting in the Holy Cross debaciel is faster than Bramhall, and Gabler's smaller and quicker than either Smith or Stevenson.

Sophomore Forest Hansen will open at guard for his classmate, Jim, Urdan. Although not a particularly good set-shot, Hansen plays a very aggressive game. He scores most of his points by putting up rebounds, despite the fact that he is less than six feet tall.

Navy is going to open with an all-senior quintet, every man of which started in the Middies' 70 to 68 win over the Crimson last year. The squad lacks a equally tall player--the Academy cannot accept men over six feet four--but even so, it averages a little more than six feet. Center Dicp Williams is the only Navy tarter who is not a two-letter man. The other members of the squad are extremely fast and noted for their set-shooting.

Center Dick Williams is the only Navy be Fitzpatrick are particularly respected by Shepard for their shooting ability. In last year's game Millaney, with his speed and 24 points, was the key man in the Academy's victory. Fitzpatrick was scored with 14. HARVARD  NAVY Murphy  f  McDonough Gabler  f  Corrigan Donette  c  Williams Hickey  g  Mullancy Hansen  g  Fitzpatrick (C)