Santa Claus, Band Spark College Yuletide Parties for Youngsters

Students went all out yesterday to give local gamins some yuletide entertainment.

Phillips Brooks House and Adams House each gave parties for about 30 youngsters, and the Band and Glee Club teamed up to give a concert for 300 kiddies in Sanders Theatre.

A variety show headed the P.B.H. festivities with juggling by Hugh Sheply '51, (right) magic by Bradley M. Jacobs '53 and piano playing by Ralph W. Walton '52. The P.B.H. Santa Claus, Roy F. Gootenberg '49, teaching fellow in Government, took orders for deliveries as mothers cocked their ears (left). He later handed out toys' and candy.

Thomas G. Barnes '52 played Santa at the Adams House affair with Jacobs and Norman R. Shapiro '51 performing some magic tricks. Then every urchin got a brand new parka, and everybody played games.

The Glee Club picked "Secret Marriage" by Cimarosa and "Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming" to sing to the settlement house charges who packed Sanders Theatre last night. Then it just clapped when the rest did."

When the play was over, they filed out unnoticed with the crowd.

The girls said they do not plan to use the same technique to buck the controversial parietal rules at the House, but they admit it would be "pretty easy" to do