Dunster Dance Gets 9:45 Evening Room Permissions

Parictal rules in Dunster House have been extended to 9:45 p.m. for the House's play, party, and formal dance on Friday night. Housemaster Gordon M. Fair pointed out last night that this ruling was in accord with the customary extension of parietal rules to 15 minutes before the hour of House dances.

No other House has planned a formal dance for Friday night, and since the Dunster dance is open only to House members, the Funsters alone will enjoy the privilege.

Fair's extension of the "women in rooms" curfew is the most liberal extension of parietal rules allowed by any Housemaster so far this year. Though many members of the House are not planning to attend the formal, this will be an opportunity for all to entertain in their rooms until the 9:45 p.m. deadline.

No Action Yet

William V. II. Mason '51, of the Leverett House Committee said last night that no action has yet been taken by Housemasters on the Leverett House Committee's proposal that parties for three or more couples be permitted in rooms until midnight.

Though the Leverett House proposal was made two weeks ago and is reported to have the backing of one Housemaster who "likes the plan very much," all seven Housemasters have not yet extended special privileges to their men.

In fact, one Housemaster said recently that parietal rule changes had not received serious consideration at any of the Housemaster meetings.

The present restlessness over the rules, he said, would probably bring about a change in due time, but he believed and hoped, that such changes would not be in the near future.