Fogg Cancels Actors' Dress Rehearsal Fee

Undergraduate groups which hold performances in Fogg Museum will be longer have to pay the customary fee for their dress rhearsals, John P. Coolidge '35, Associate Professor of time Arts and Director of Fogg, announced last night.

"We hope this will encourage more student groups to schedule events in the several rooms available," Coolidge said.

In the past two years the only large scale student production in Fogg has been the Theatre Group's "The Trojan War Will Not Take Place," which opened last night.

The offer, which defrays all heating, lighting, and janitor service expenses incurred until 11 p.m., was made retroactive to cover Thursday's H.T.G. dress rehearsal. The plan is extended to cover both Harvard and Radcliffe groups for either the Fogg or the Busch-Reisinger Museum.

Other Fees Stand

With the exception of the Glee Club, the Band, and the Orchestra, organizations must still pay dress rehearsal and minor rehearsal fees for the use of other University buildings.

The Faculty Committee on Student Activities has been studying the situation and will soon recommend that all buildings, except Fogg, be totally fee exempt up until 11 p.m.

Following Coolidge's action, only lesser rehearsals in Fogg will be billed.

The special privilege of music organizations not to pay for rehearsal time in University halls dates back to the Lowell administration.