Change for the Better

The National Students Association has come to Cambridge to stay. Almost up to this term, there was a question of whether the organization could be a success here or not, whether it was actually worth the time and energy of students involved and the money of the Council. Near failure of some of its projects--most notably, the purchase card plan--and a general lack of brilliant accomplishment in any field, at first seemed to doom the NSA to an early and quiet death here.

This has not been the case. Only last week, the Council adopted a measure which makes the University's delegation to the NSA a regular Council committee, with its chairman a member of the student elected body. Theoretically, this should lead to greater integration of policies.

And this liaison, if carried out along with other common-sense measures, could help NSA fulfill its most important function--that of providing contact between the College and other institutions on the student level. For example, less emphasis on service for students and more on informing them an their representatives about what other schools are doing cannot but help NSA better carry out this task.

Since the College's Student Council is basically an advisory body, one that can use effectively data from a source like NSA, students here stand to gain by the Association's prosperity. Certainly no one can lose.