Bostonians Invite Foreign Students For Holiday Week

At least six foreign students will spend Christmas with Boston families this year. Men who are attending the University for the first time this year and have no place to go, other than dormitory rooms, are being taken into Boston homes for a week of the holiday season.

The plan is sponsored by the Committee on Foreign Student Relations of the Student Council. An eight man team, some of whom are themselves foreign students, canvassed families in the Boston area.

"Eager to Help"

"Most of those we contacted seemed very eager to help," commented Robert Terry '54, one of the workers. "One woman offered to put up all of them."

The group had a list of 60 men who are visiting this country for the first time. "We found that many of them were either going home or have friends in the States," said Terry.

Last year a similar plan was undertaken by the Experiment in International Living. It found places for men in Jamestown, New York, but the distance made it impossible for all but a few to go.

The committee can still find lodgings for any other foreign students who have no plans for vacation. It will try to place .