Squash Varsity Wins Two Tourney Matches Before Losing Semi-Final

Starting on Saturday morning the varsity squash team played four consecutive matches, all against top competition, and it was not until the final match yesterday afternoon that they lost. However it was that match, the semi-finals of the National Squash Racquets Tournament, which was the crucial one.

The first weekend encounter, a tournament game, took place on Saturday morning, and the team--composed of Henry foster, Hugh Nawn, Hugh Foster, Joe Clark and Jim Bacon--defeated a Buffalo team 3 to 2. After finishing their match they traveled to West Point, and won their seventh collegiate match of the season, downing Army, 5 to 4.

Following the Army match the team went back to New York, and on Sunday morning they defeated Providence in the tournament's quarter-finals.

A composite entry from Canada provided the fatal blow to the Crimson in the semi-final tournament match. In a hard fought contest, and single game of which could have changed the margin of victory, the Crimson lost out 2 to 2, thus ending their title aspirations.

The freshman squash team gained two victories by beating Wesleyan 7 to 0, and Deerfield, 5 to 2.

The Army summary:

Henry Foster (H) defeated Pich, 3-1; Nawn (H) defeated McGee, 3-2; Hugh Foster (H) defeated Johnson, 3-2; Clark (H) defeated Hutcheson, 3-2; Love (A) defeated Bacon, 3-2; Barte (A) defeated Hoar, 3-1; Wood (H) defeated Truesdale, 3-2; King (A) defeated Mugaseth, 3-2; Snyder (A) defeated Flagg, 3-0.