Crimson Subdues Husky Sextet, 6-3

Joe Kittredge Sparks Second Period Drive As Defense Shines

By Donald Carswell

After thirty minutes of uneventful hockey the varsity sextet suddenly brake loose with three goals in less than a minute and a half and thereby provided itself with the margin of victory ever Northeastern at the Arena last night.

The score was 6 to 3.

Joe Kittredge led the scoring with two goals and an assist both goals coming in the three-goal splurge midway in the second period. Bob DiBlasio his wingman, contributed three assists.

But the most encouraging sing in the expected victory was the showing of the Harvard defense. In the final two periods, Dusty Burke combined very successfully with Duke Sedgwick as one defensive pair and Bill Bliss played with Jack Donelan as the other. The performance was further enhanced by the fact that the second Northeastern goal came as DiBlasio was residing in the penalty box.

Jack Carman, who had previously appeared as a defenseman, moved up to play left wing on the second line, and Doug Anderson previously that left wing, moved up to the first line.

For the first part of the game, Northeastern played as good hockey as they have all winter and held the varsity to a 1-1 tie. After the three quick second period goals, however, the Huskies seemed to slowly fade before the superior Harvard speed and depth.

In the associate feature at the Arena, BU upped and massacred Boston College, 8 to 1, before a bloodthirsty mob of about 8000.

The summary:

First period--Anderson (H) (Kittredge, DiBlasio) 4:46; Shepardson (NU) 7:42. Penalties DiBlasio, Bliss.

Second period--Bliss (H) 3:18; MacEwen (NU) (Barry) 8:42; Kittredge (H) (DiBlasio) 15:40; Kittredge (H) (DiBlasio) 16:34; Anderson, (H) 16:48. Penalties Sedgwick, Anderson, Barry, Nasson Abbot (major).

Third period--D. Bell (NU) (Tucker, Doherty) 4:34; Preston (H) (Anderson) 19:11. Penalties--Shannon, Anderson, Barry, DiBlasio.