Yardling Quintet Romps Over Tabor, 71-36; BC Six Menaces '53 Winning Streak Today

Fourteen members of the freshman basketball team contributed points as the Yardlings scored an easy 71 to 36 decision over Tabor Academy yesterday at the Blockhouse. The victory ended a two-game losing streak for the freshmen and brought their season's record to eight wins and three losses.

Coach Floyd Wilson used his first team sparingly after running up a 21 to 9 first period lead. After allowing his reserves to play the second and third quarters, he re-inserted his first five for a fast finish.

Rangy Jim Urdan led the Crimson scorers with 11 points and Buddy LeMay added eight. Stan Greene hit for seven points while Forest Hansen, Ted Briggs, Dick Myers, and Ed Judson each contributed six.

With Bitsy Grant apparently set in the disputed right wing slot, the freshman skaters face their first strong opposition in several weeks this afternoon when they meet the first-year men from Boston College at the Arena at 1:30 p.m.

The first of two meetings with the Eaglets, today's contest is the third collegiate opposition the freshmen have faced this year. Last month they defeated Brown, 7 to 5, then tore into Hanover and trounced the Dartmouth freshmen, 5 to 1. The Crimson will be looking for their sixth straight win today. The string includes Brown, Dartmouth, Belmont Hill, Andover, and Noble and Greenough.

The lineup:

Hubbard, lw; Greeley, c; Grant, rw; O'Brien, ld; Kierstead, rd, Corning, g.