Joint Radcliffe-Harvard Dramatic Group Will Discuss Plans Tonight

Playwrights, producers, and actors from Harvard and Radcliffe will combine ideas for a new, jointly chartered dramatic club at an organizational meeting at 7 p.m. tonight in the Noble Room at Phillips Brooks House. The meeting will be open to all.

The club, when formed, will stage only original plays written by members, in an attempt to fill in the gaps left by the other College theatre groups which find it unprofitable to introduce new playwrights.

Twenty 'Cliffe girls have already signed up as prospective members of the experimental group in order to meet the minimum membership requirement for club chartering at the Annex. No specific number is necessary for a Harvard charter.

A draft constitution will be brought up for revision and approval by the prospective participants. It will provide for a dual set of officers, Harvard and Radcliffe, who will operate as a committee of eight. Loretta Valtz '52 will act as temporary chairman until regular officers can be chosen. If the turnout at the organizational meeting is large, the constitution will go to both Student Councils at their next meetings.

The club will have no faculty adviser for the present, although Archibald MacLeish, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory has offered his assistance on specific problems. Under the present plan, each playwright will direct or choose the director for his own play.