Enrollment Drops to 4700 As College Registers Today

Mid-Year Graduations Send Figures To Lowest Mark Since War

Continuing its post-war downward trend, College enrollment will fall to approximately 4,700 at registration today. Graduating students account for a 250 drop from the 4,950 September total, bringing enrollment closer to Provost Buck's goal of 4,300 by 1951.

Last year 5,100 registered at the start of the spring semester.

All of today's registrants are already members of the College, with no new men being admitted for the spring term. The 42 returning students absented on leave, almost balance a total of 50 men who dropped out during the fall.

This year's registration was moved up one day from the first announced date because it was considered unnecessary to have two separate days for signing in and for sectioning. Thus this is the first time that both will be held on one day.

Final Study Cards Only

For the first time, too, students have not been asked to turn in preliminary study cards; only the final card is due next Tuesday. Registrar Sargent Kennedy '28 explained that the great number of changes usually made by students between cards made the early one useless.

Except for the returning men, who register at University 3 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., the 4,700 undergraduates will file through Memorial Hall. Those with names beginning A through L register from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.; M--Z sign from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with late arrivals registering between 12:30 and 1 p.m.