Radcliffe Returns to Classes Sans Registration Formality

Radcliffe's 900 undergraduates will return to class today without the official red tape procedures of registration that Harvard students must go through.

Skipping all full scale registration activities, the 'Cliffe merely requires that students for the spring term file study cards before 5 p.m., Tuesday, February 14.

Graduates register the same way as the undergraduates except that they turn in yellow, rather than white, study cards.

A small contingent of new students already checked in at the Registrar's Office this week, however. Miss Ruth Davenport, Registrar, revealed that four new transfer students and seven former undergraduates who ar returning after an absence, added 11 new undergraduates to the student body. This number, she said, is at par with last year's when 12 new students checked in at the College.

New term registration, including withdrawals, will level off at about 900, she predicted. This total is slightly smaller than fall registration figures when 635 upperclassmen and 279 freshmen lined up to enroll.

Policy making for the spring term begins at 7 p.m. Monday when delegates from the Student Government Association and various student activities meet in the Cabot Hall living room for the traditional Cedar Hill Conference.

Heading the Cedar Hill agenda will be a report from the Radcliffe chapter of the National Students Association on the results to date of the purchase card system and the non-profit book exchange. Also scheduled for the meeting are reports from the dorm-commuter committee, the community service committee, the Yearbook, and the Board of Club presidents.

Joan Braverman '50, student government, will sum up progress for the year on recommendations turned in to Student Government at the fall Cedar Hill Conference.