'53 Date Bureau Exhibits Some Party Merchandise

A new freshman date service will supply girls for the Union record dance Saturday. Thomas F. Powers '53, who originated the idea and now runs the bureau, obtains lists of girls at Welleslay, Endicott, Garland, and Lasell--the last contributes nearly 60 percent.

Powers checks the girls' height and personality with the requirements of the applicant listed, as Stuart H. Troft 53 is doing (right), on index cards.

The date bureau, sponsored by the Union Dance Committee, is sometimes lucky enough to get such a date as Lynn Perry, Wellesley '53 (left).

The lounge, television, ping pong, and pool rooms are open to all who attend. The dance will last from 8:30 p.m. to midnight and admission is free.

The Committee is also running, a special bus service at a charge of $1.50 per couple. Busses will leave for the girls' colleges after the dance and will make the return trip.

The "Platter Party" is the second in a series of three free record dances given by the Union Committee.

The first one, in late November attracted only about 30 couples. The date bureau. In its first week of operation, has ensured a capacity attendance Saturday of close to 100 couples.

If this goal is achieved and represented at future dances, the Dance Committee hopes to leave the bureau for '54.