THE CLASSGOER

Tuesday, Thursday, and . . .

Now is the time for all good men to roll out of the sack, grab their notebooks, and hurry to the Yard in search of the Fourth Course, the Fifth Course, or perhaps a whole new slate. The following suggestions--courses of general interest--are some of the brighter items among the spring Term offerings. The list is in no why exhaustive.

Nine o'clock: For early shoppers, English 160, Modern Drams, (Ibsen to Tennessee Williams), is worth a look. The 44 plays covered make consistently interesting reading; Baker's lectures are informative if not very unusual. The course has never been known for abnormal difficulty (Emerson D). Another early morning enterprise--of incourse--is term only to auditors since it is a full course--is Mcrk's History of the Westward Movement, (History 162). The lectures are excellent (Harvard 1).

Ten o'clock: Gov. 155, Government Regulation of Industry, meets in Emerson D. Cherington is an excellent showman, and the course is popular, but he does not go very deep. Ec. 161 covers more or less the same ground much more completely, although with considerably less sparkle. Also at 10, Music 1 convenes in Paine Hall. A full course, Music cannot be entered now, but lectures and especially the listening hours are ideal for auditors. This term's work begins with Beethoven and runs through to the moderns. The listening hours, in Paine Hall Auditorium, are as follows: Monday at 9, Tuesday at 3, Wednesday 10, Thursday 11, Friday 4, and Saturday at 9.

Eleven o'clock: History of Religions 101b is an interesting course. Arthur Darby Nock is a rather unique lecturer--no one should graduate without hearing him at least once--and his numerous guest lecturers are likewise above par (Harvard 6).

Twelve O'clock: Dekuatel's Art of the Twentieth Century, Fine Arts 170b, (Toulouse-Lautree to the present), is a good course to audit. Lectures are average (Fogg Large Room).