Band Plays Tonight in Drumbeats; Harvardians Will Perform at Dance

Interlude Will Star Songsters, Dancers; Krockodiloes Sing

Radcliffe's third production of "Drumbeats and Song," a musical evening originated in 1947 by the Radcliffe Alumnae Association for their 70the Anniversary Fund, takes place at 8:15 p.m. tonight in Sanders Theatre.

Proceeds form the performance, featuring the Band, go to the Student Gran-in-Aid Fund, established last term by the Radcliffe Student Council to aid students in need of small grants of money.

A vaudeville interlude, including both singing and dancing sequences, will follow a first half hour of Band music. Performing in the interlude will be members of the Radcliffe and Harvard choral groups; members of the hasty Pudding Club; Will Perry's sextet, the "Band Aids;" and the Radcliffe dance group.

Wilson Directs

Samuel V. K. Wilson '50, president of the Glee Club and director of the Winthrop House operetta, in directing the vaudeville portion of the program along with Cynthia Sweeney '50. This is the second consecutive year that Wilson has directed the musical interlude for "Drumbeats."

This year is the first time that the performance has been completely run and organized by the Radcliffe undergraduates. After the musical festivities in Sanders, they will stage a dance from 10 to 12 p.m. in Memorial Hall, with entertainment by the "Krockodiloes" and dance music by the "Harvardians."

Program Announced

The Band will open the evening with "Radcliffiana;" a medley of Radcliffe songs; "The Seafarer;" "Invercargill;" "The Knightsbridge March;" and a Princeton and Yale medley, arranged by John Finnegan '47.

Concluding the performance, the Band will play "Mary and the Lamb Forever," "El Captain," selections from "South Pacific," a Sousa style march, and "Sleigh Ride" and a Harvard medley, both by Leroy Anderson '29.