Yale Rifle Squad Wins, 1365-1334, In Postal Match

Yale defeated the varsity rifle team in a postal match Saturday, 1365 to 1334, results received yesterday disclosed.

The Crimson shooters achieved this score in a six-team shoulder-to-shoulder match at Boston's Fargo Building, and their score was compared to Yale's, which arrived yesterday from New Haven by mail.

MIT Victorious

At the Fargo Building Harvard placed fourth among other teams of the Northern Group of the New England College Rifle League. MIT won the match with a score of 1392. Norwich and Vermont came in second and third, with scores of 1365, and 1352, respectively. Dartmouth, in fifth place, had a score of 1325, and the University of New Hampshire was last with 1305.

Paul Shuttleworth led the Crimson team by scoring 272 points. Glen Reem's 268 put him in second place, and Captain Hale Knight and Roy Elfast tied for third with 265. John Shea was close behind with 264.

Crimson Beat Princeton

Results also received recently showed that the varsity edged Princeton, 1359 to 1354, Saturday, March 4, in another postal match. The individual scoring in this match was: Reem, 277; Shuttleworth, 275; Ed Seaga, 271; Knight, 268; and Bill Lindamood, 268.

The Crimson shoots once more this season, in a shoulder-to-shoulder match with Columbia and MIT next Saturday.