Crimson Turns Green Over Saint Patrick's Day

By Stephen Osaxe

If you happen to be standing in one of Cambridge's street at this moment, look around you. You will be astounded by the complete lack of Irishmen. And, just as sure as they aren't standing in the streets of Cambridge reading the CRIMSON, the answer has something to do with St. Patrick's Day.

Well, since you're in this thing pretty deeply by now, you may as well know that they're all marching in Boston. It's St. Patrick's Day.

Perhaps you're seeking a familiar face. If that's so, story to pick out some of the people shown in the picture. The colleen is Joan Conners '50, but she won't be marching, because, as you seem she's busy pointing at March 17. The others will be there, begorra. Bill Shea, genial proprietor of Bill's Place (which is know to epicures as "The Merle") will put down his sundae and join the ranks. Along with him will be Bill Gormley-32 years with Cambridge's finest-as well John Condon of Waterford. Eddie Whalen made the trip from County Cork many years ago. He didn't want to take any chances of being late for a parade like this one.