Kirkland Downs Winthrop, 68-25, for 9th Court Win

Kirkland's count team took its ninth win in ten starts in A League basketball yesterday, and did it by trampling over a weak Winthrop quintet. The final score was 68 to 25.

The Puritans were only able to pick up two baskets in the entire first half against the aggressive Deacon five, Guard George Barclay scored 21 points for Kirkland and teammate Fred Wagner added 14.

Leverett's basketball team added to the Eliot slump by clipping the Elephants, 40 to 39, in an overtime contest. The Bunnies put on one of their finest performances of the season, combining team play and almost complete control of rebounds to score their fourth win. The game was lied, 34 to 34, at the end of the regular period of play.

In the final A League game, Adams set back third-place Lowell in a colorless contest. The Rollboys lost their shooting eyes completely in the final minutes of the see-saw contest and handed the Gold coasters the 38 to 34 win.

Leverett, with evenly distributed scoring, won its third straight B League game by downing Eliot, 44 to 37. Although the contest was close all the way, the Bunnies held a short lead throughout. Eliot's Soupy Campbell contributed 18 points to the losing cause.

Winthrop topped Kirkland's B League team in a low-scoring, 26 to 23 game. Both teams played pretty fast, quick breaking, basketball.

In Yard basketball, Massachusetts, Thayer, Mower, Matthews North, Hollis, Matthews South, Wigglesworth, and Grays were winners, in the final contests of second-term play of the two leagues. League champions Thayer South and Matthews South will play off at 5 p.m. Friday. 'B' League Basketball Dunster  8  1 Kirkland  8  2 Lowell  6  2 Leverett  6  4 Winthrop  4  6 Adams  3  5 Eliot  2  8 Dudley  0  9