Law Students Allowed Freer Parietal Rules

By Frank B. Gilbert

New, more liberal parietal rules have now gone into effect in the Law School dormitories and, according to Dean Rogers, may soon be adopted by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

The time limit for entertaining girls in the rooms has been extended from 10 p.m. until 12 midnight with a 1 a.m. curfew on Saturdays and holiday eves. New rules allow men merely to sign on dormitory lists when they have women guests; is the past written permission from a proctor was ceded.

Under the old system, law students could entertain girls after 10 p.m. until 12 midnight only under special conditions, when a Law School dean gave written permission. Girls must still visit students' rooms in pairs under the new regulations.

Dorm Council

The men in each entry in Walter Hastings Hall and from the first two floors of Perkins Hall have chosen delegates to a Law School Dormitory Council which will handle violations of the new code.

The changed rules will apply to the Law School part of the Graduate Center now under construction. Dean Rogers said last night that the new Law School regulations will be extended to the other grad halls if the students want them.

Dean Rogers said that a self-government system would be inaugurated wherever the new rules are adopted. He asserted that the University would drop proctors from the halls under his control next year in an attempt to decrease costs.