Burke Makes All-Pentagonal Sextet

By his aggressive play throughout the season Dusty Burke, varsity hockey player, has earned a place as first string defenseman on the All-Pentagonal League hockey team. Crimson captain-elect Low Preston and high-scorer Joe Kittredge were named as wings to the second team by the voting Ivy League coaches and newspapermen.

In addition to gaining a position on the first team, Burke tied with Brown's Don Sennott, second team center, as the outstanding sophomore player. Former captain and first-line center Myles Huntington and defenseman Jack Carman were named to the list of alternates for the first two teams.

Five Receive Honorable Mention

Crimson goalie Johnny Chase won honorable mention for being third in the goalie competition, finishing behind Don Whiston, and Jimmy Burns of Yale, who made the second team. Varsity defenseman Algie Allen, and wings Bill Garrity, Dave Abbot, and Bob DiBlasio also won positions on the honorable mention list.

Arnie Oss, Dartmouth right wing, was the only unanimous choice to the first term. Oss broke a league record by scoring five goals in single games twice, once against the Crimson. Two other Dartmouth players, defenseman Bob Gray and center Cliff Harrison, with goalie Don Whiston and forward Warren Priestley, both of Brown, complete the first team.

Oss won the award for the outstanding player in the Pentagonal League, consisting of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, and Brown, and Gray was named the top defenseman.