More Summer Jobs Available

Summer workers from the College will probably make more this year, John W. Holt, director of the Student Employment Office, said yesterday, than the 541 students who together earned a little over $120,000 in the summer of 1949.

The bulk of vacation job opportunities available at the Employment Office are at camps, parks, hotels, resorts, and country clubs in the New England area. Holt's office also has a list of jobs requiring special abilities.

Students who can speak foreign languages well and have traveled abroad can perhaps land one of the coveted jobs as guide for small tourist groups which usually pays $7 per day plus transportation expenses.

Down to the Sea

Work on commercial sailing vessels or steamers is usually hard to get without a union card. Holt said, last year, several students felt the lure of the sea sufficiently strongly to forego profit, chip in, and sail their own boat to Havana.

One graduate student, who likes that sort of thing, found himself a job as a beekeeper on the Cape through the efforts of the Employment Office.

$200 is the minimum return on nearly all summer jobs.