Basketball Team Upsets Bulldogs as Wrestlers, Sextet Lose

Huntington, Minot Injured in 4-1 Defeat; Anderson Scores on Late Penalty Shot

Yale's determined hockey team surprised a disorganized Harvard sextet with four first-period goals and held on to whip the Crimson, 4 to 1, in a slow hockey game Saturday at New Haven. The visitors also lost the services of Captain Myles Huntington and right wing Shorty Minot, both of whom suffered leg injuries during the initial period.

Because of these casualties and the unavailability of forward Bob DiBlasio, who is still nursing a bruised eye received in the BU game, Coach John Chase was forced to resituate all three lines. The Crimson attack consequently left much to be desired, and Harvard was never able to overtake the Blue.

The Elis' hard-checking defense, headed by sophomore Frank Kittredge, broke up most of the Crimson's threatening plays, and goalie Jim Burns was brilliant in the Yale nets. It was not until late in the third period that Doug Anderson took advantage of a major penalty shot to score the lone Harvard goal.

Replacements Used

Sophomores Jim Welch and Morgy Hatch played most of the game as replacements for Minot and DiBlasio as Coach Chase sought desperately for a scoring combination. Trainer Eddie Noonan expects to have Huntington and DiBlasio ready for tomorrow's game with Princeton, but Minot's knee is still swollen.

Yale's referees contributed to the sloppiness of the game by tolerating apparent rule violations by both sides and calling questionable fouls.