Elis Nip Both Squash Teams, Varsity, 6-3; Freshman, 5-4

Unable to break Yale's home court superiority, the varsity squash team lost to Yale on Saturday and thereby sent the Big Three championship into an unbreakable three-way deadlock. The score was 6 to 3.

Although comparative scores had made the Crimson a slight favorite, the match cannot be termed an upset due to the home court advantage. All three victories in the fight for the Big Three title were gained on the victor's own courts.

The one unexpected setback of the afternoon came in the second place battle, when Harvard's Hugh Nawn lost his first match in three years of intercollegiate competition. Ed Chandler, playing number two for the first time as a result of a shakeup in the Yale lineup, defeated Nawn in straight gamse.

Nawn's loss and the five-game victories of the Bulldog five and nine men provided the margin of victory for the Elis.

In the preliminary contest with Yale, the Yardlings lost their first intercollegiate contest of the season, 5 to 4.

Although its regular season is over, the varsity must still compete in the intercollegiate squash tournament at Amherst this weekend.

Henry Foster (H) defeated Hande, 3-1; Chandler (Y) defeated Nawn, 3-0; Kingsley (Y) defeated Hugh Foster, 3-1; Clark (H) defeated Blair, 3-0; Kempeur (Y) defeated Plimpton, 3-2; D. Lynch (Y) defeated Bacon, 3-0; Hoar (H) defeated Ayinar, 3-2; Pettit (Y) defeated Wood, 3-0; W. Lynch (Y) defeated Mugaseth, 3-2.