Chase Gites Need For Hockey Rink; Discusses Season

Of about 400 students who want to play hockey, the University can accommodate only one quarter under the present setup, hockey coach John Chase said last night. In a talk before 60 students in the Lamont Forum, Chase pointed out that most other Ivy colleges have rinks, and that Harvard needs one badly.

In analyzing the hockey season, Chase said that the Crimson looked as if they were off to a very good start at the beginning of the year, but that a disastrous Army loss seemed to set the trend for a mid-season slump.

The team came back well at the end of the season, however, Chase remarked, and he had expected a victory over Yale Saturday. "Injuries seem to have upset the team more than they should," he added.

One encouraging aspect of the season, Chase said, is that the Crimson is the only team that has beaten both BC and BU. "The hottest team in the country today is BU," he declared.

After the talk, three films on professional hockey were shown. The first showed the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the other two dealt with a Chicago-Boston game.