Seniors Vote for Class Day Committee Today

By Rudolph Kass

Election of ten 1950 Class Day committeemen from a field of 26 will proceed as planned in upperclass dining halls and Dudley today under the Student Council's revised election procedure, William S. Tyson '49, chairman of the Council Class Affairs Committee, announced at the Council's weekly meeting last night.

Temporary changes in the election machinery will confine ballot tabulation to two rooms in Phillips Brooks House which candidates will not be allowed to enter, provide two observers from the CRIMSON, and prevents hasty counting of votes by getting no time limit.

In conjunction with the University's preparation of a Student' Activities Center at 54 Dunster Street, Edward F. Burke '50. Council president, appointed Richard M. Sandler '52, Henry Silveira, Jr. '51, and William S. Tyson '49 as a committee to study the allocation of the limited space to the College's 70 or so extra-curricular groups.

Sandler is chairman of the committee which will also recommend to what extent the Council should control administration of the new center and whether or not the Council should move there from its present quarters on the second floor of PBH.

The Council also unanimously approved Burke's appointment of Robert P. Hyde '51 and William R. Polk '51 as chairman and vice-chairman respectively of next years Combined Charities Drive.

Discussion of the Council's connection with the Charities Drive in regard to control and funds derived from it is on the agenda of next week's open meeting.

Continued sponsorship of the National Student Association will also come up for debate at next Monday's open meeting. It currently costs the Council $1500 per year to support the projects and the obligations of Harvard's eight man NSA delegation.

A considerable segment of the Council feels these expenses are unwarranted, particularly because of the limited success of NSA programs such as the Student Purchase Card Plan. Availability of NSA trips abroad would not be affected by the Council's decision.

Newly appointed football coach Lloyd Jordan will speak to the student body at New Lecture Hall Thursday at a Council sponsored forum, it was announced.

James E. Barrett, Jr. '51, Philip L. Isenberg '51, Marvin S. Eiger '51, Richard T. Povill '53, William G. Crook, Jr. '51, and Ira R. Peterman '52 were nominated as candidates to fill the vacancy on the Council left by the resignation of Dominique H. Wyant '50.