Eight Seniors Win Foreign Travel, Study Fellowships

Charles R. Brynteson '50 has won the Lionel de Jersey Harvard Studentship for study at Emmanuel College, Cambridge University, England, Provost Buck announced yesterday. Seven other seniors have also been awarded fellowship fro travel and study abroad.

Holder of a National Scholarship and the Paul Revere Frothingham Scholarship, Brynteson comes from Milwaukee and is a resident of Dunster. He is a member of the Student Council and the Permanent Class Committee, and concentrates in Economics.

Britain Bound

The Lientenant Charles Henry Fiske, 3rd, Scholarship was awarded to Wilfred M. Pickles of Providence and Eliot House. The award provides a year's study at Trinity College, Cambridge University, Pickles is concentrating in Greek and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.

Stephen M. Schwebel received the Frank Knox Memorial Scholarship providing a year of study in any nation of the British Commonwealth. Schwebel of New York and Lowell House, concentrates in Government and founded the United Nations Council.

Pigalle

The recipient of the Augusts Clifford Tower Fellowship for a year of study in a French university is Robert M. Durling of Bayside, New York and Eliot House. A graduate of Manhassett Hig School, Durling is majoring in English.

Giles Constable was awarded the Henry Russel Shaw Travelling Fellowship for travel abroad. Elected to Phi Beta Kappa in his junior year, Constable is majoring in History. He lives in Cambridge.

Summa Cum and Phi Beta

Three students received Frederick Sheldon Prize Fellowships for travel abroad. They are James W. Fitch and Vincent E. Starzinger, both seniors, and James R. Schlesinger '50 1G. Fitch's home is Las Vegas, New Mexico; he lives in Lowell House and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Schlesinger entered the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences this fall after graduating summa cum laude.

Starzinger, of Des Moines, Iowa, and Dunster House is concentrating in Government. A graduate of Roosevelt High School, he is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.