Frenchmen Here For ECA Survey

A general study of the high productivity of American industry by 16 visitors from France began yesterday at the Business School. Representatives of the French government, labor, and management will work at the School for two weeks under the auspices of the Economic Cooperation Administration.

This is the first ECA team to make such a study at an American university. Previously the men brought over by ECA have limited their work to analyses of particular industries.

In addition to attending a seminar on productivity at the School, the French-wen will visit local industrial plants.

Associate Dean Stanley F. Teele greeted the guests yesterday morning, and Clinton S. Golden, consultant to Paul G. Hoffman, spoke to the visitors on hettrit of ECA.

The seminar is discussing labor relation, management's attitude toward productivity, human attitudes as a factor a production, and the relation between and government.

George P. Baker '25, James J. Hill Professor of Transportation, and Benjamin Selekman, Kirstein Professor of Labor relations, are among the faculty member participating in the seminar.