Radcliffe Offers Wide Jobs Choice

Radcliffe students will do everything from berry picking to child pampering during the summer months is jobs found for them by the Radcliffe Student Employment Office.

The girls file cards with the office for the type of job they want for the summer. If the jobs wanted are in hotels, in camps, or in the Boston area, Mrs. Neill Vollmer, head of the Bureau, talks with the girls and gives them the names of employers to write directly.

For jobs outside the Boston area the girls are given a "Directory of Employers of College Women" to consult, which lists the names of employers who have hired college women, and employment agencies in all parts of the country. The listings are according to fields of work.

Some of the jobs that were is hospitals as ward aids and receptionists; in insurance companies, as secretaries; in department stores, as advisors in the "Campus Shop;" in hotels and restaurants, as waitresses; and in private homes, taking care of children.

The salaries given to the girls for summer jobs averages around $25 per week. The top salaries run around $30 per week. Camp counseling jobs pay anything from $50 to $250 per a season. Child care jobs and department store jobs have salaries ranging from about $20 to $30 per week; while waitresses are paid from $7 to $10 per week plus room, board, and tips.