'50 Catalogue To Come Out Early in Week

Three new General Education courses, including two in the Social Sciences, are among the changes listed in the College's Preliminary Announcement of Courses during 1950-51. The new catalogue will be distributed early this week.

Zochariah Chafee, Jr., Langdell Professor of Law, will give "Fundamental Human Rights," one of the new Social Science courses. The other, "The Structure and the Growth of Law," has Professor Mark DeWolfe Howe '28 as its lecturer.

Courses Meet Jointly

Although the catalogue lists separate Radcliffe meeting hours for freshman classes, all elementary courses except Music 1, Mathematics 1a, Astronomy 1a, and Social Relations 1a will meet jointly.

Percy W. Bridgman '04, Hollis Professor of Mathematics and Natural Philosophy, will give a new Social Relations seminar in the spring term, "The Logic of Agreement."

Raphael Demos--Alford Professor of Natural Religion, Moral Philosophy, and Civil Polity--will give both halves of Philosophy 1 next year, as well as two upperclass Philosophy courses, 102 and 105. He gave only Philosophy 1a last falll, and is now on sick leave.

Archibald MacLeish, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory, will give a Law course in expository writing, English Ma and Mb, for juniors, seniors, and graduate students.