Broder Will Be Lost to '53 Ten For Rest of Year

Arthur "Turk" Broder, defenseman on the freshman lacrosse team, will be out of action for the rest of the season, medical reports indicated yesterday.

Hit in the face by a ball during Monday's practice, Broder suffered a double fracture of the cheekbone and a broken nose. Doctors at Baker Memorial Hospital, where Broder was rushed after the accident, estimated that it would take at least six weeks for the bones to knit properly. The freshman season ends with the Yale game, May 20.

"We really miss Turk," said coach Dick Whitney after the Yardlings' 8 to 7 victory over Tabor Academy yesterday. "He held the whole defense together."

Broder was especially valuable in breaking up enemy attacks close to the goal.

Injuries have hampered the freshman team since the start of the season. Midfield starter Ron Huebsch caught the mumps just before the first game. He's been out ever since.

Goalie Bob Rosenman, however, will be in shape to play against his former Deerfield teammates today.

Though Chuck Pyle took a severe crack on the leg during the Tabor game, he, too, should be ready to start at Deerfield.