Crimson Ruggers Upset Princeton, 6-3, Despite Mud

Crimson ruggers waded through mud and rain to score their biggest upset of the season as they defeated Princeton, 6 to 3, Saturday afternoon on Soldiers Field. The second Harvard fifteen was defeated in the preliminary game, 3 to 0.

The first fifteen lost to Princeton in Bermuda by a lop-sided 13 to 0 score, but since its return from Bermuda it has been bolstered by the addition of seven players who could not make the trip. With this improved team, the ruggers have gained three straight victories.

Despite the loss of stars Al Green and Captain Joe Eaton because of sickness and injuries, Harvard played its best game of the year.

Although the mud made ball-handling very difficult, the three-quarters and forwards, led by Sam Adams and Colin McIntyre respectively, showed excellent teamwork.

In the second team game the Crimson ruggers were pressing the entire first half, but could not score. In the second half, Princeton kept the ball in the losers' part of the field, but could only score on a penalty kick in the final quarter.