Freshman Ten Will Oppose Untested Dartmouth Team

Dartmouth will send an relatively untried freshman lacrosse team against the Yardling ten on the Business School Field today at 3 p.m. The Indians have split their only two games. They overpowered an inexperienced Kimball Union squad, 10 to 4, and in turn were walloped by the powerful Yale freshmen, 9 to 1.

The Green team is fast and rough. The Indians weakness comes from the short time in which they have played as a unit. Except for this, they are strong defensively and on the attack.

Especially good are the midfields. The first unit comprises Captain Will Chamberlain, Tox Dixon, and Chuck Jacob. Dixon is troublesome to his opponents because of his rushing ability and accurate shot.

The Yardlings will be well able to match the Green in the scoring department. Norm Hatch, high scorer of the team, will be fully recovered from his wrist sprain, and will give the attack the punch it has lacked in the past three games.

Beside Hatch, Coach Dick Whitney will probably start playmaking Pete Franklin and Gus Palacios at attack. At their best, these three can match any trio the Indians are likely to have.

If Chuck Pyle's ankle is healed, Whitney will also be able to start his most powerful midfield, with Hank Wood and Ron Auebsch flanking Pyle.

The probable lineups:

Dartmouth: goal, Dahanos; defense, Fanver, Bingham, and Tratten; midfield, Chamberlain (C), Dixon, and Jacob; attack, Sanderson, Hess, and Learnard.

Harvard: goal, Rosenman; defense, Martin (C), Sexton, and Hutenbauer; midfield, Wood, Huebsch, and Pyle; attack, Hatch, Franklin, and Palacios.