Net Teams Face Engineers Today

M.I.T.'s varsity tennis team will invade the Soldiers Field courts at 3 p.m. this afternoon in the Crimson's last match of the season before Yale. Harvard should be favored in the final tuneup, although the exact strength of the Engineers is not known.

Broward Craig, regular number one man, pulled a muscle yesterday afternoon in practice and probably will not play. Captain Hilliard Hughes, Bob Bramhall, Jack Frey, Bob Kaynes, Aaron Cohodes, and Paul Tobias will fill the singles slots in that order.

With Craig missing from the lineup, Chase Peterson and Bramhall will probably take over the first doubles berth, while Bill Goodman and Craig Combs move into the second position. Who will be Hughes' partner in the third doubles is uncertain at present.

The freshmen are favorites to beat M.I.T. this afternoon. The match will be played on the Engineers' courts at 2 p.m.

Coach Corey Wynn will experiment with a new lineup in the match, probably throwing some of his reserves into action. Last year's M.I.T. contest was swept by the Yardlings, 9 to 0.