Brattle Theatre Company Will Play In Summer Playhouse in Cohasset

The Brattle Theatre Company is going to take over a playhouse in Cohasset this summer, while continuing to keep open its Cambridge theatre. The players will divide into two sub-companies putting on different plays alternately in Cambridge and Cohasset.

Announcement of the Brattle company's move was made last night by publicity director George H. Cambell.

An agreement between the Brattle company and the South Shore Playhouse Associates, Inc. is the basis for the Brattle players' migration. The South Shore Associates are a group of citizens who want plays to be put on in their community. They are going to build a 700-seat theatre for the use of the Brattle players.

Complete management and financial control of putting on plays will be in the hands of the Brattle people. They will use the same system of having guest stars that they use in the Brattle Street Theatre.

If the new theatre isn't finished in time for the Cohasset opening July 9, the players will use the Cohasset town hall until it is finished. Last summer the South Shore Associates used this building for its dramatic activities.