Polo Team Defeats Tigers on Flip of Coin

PITTSFIELD, May 31--Captain Sandy Calbouts called "head, and the Crimson polo team won a hard-fought match on the loss of a coin. The loss was decided on late today, when neither team was able to break a 4 to 4 lie during two sudden-death five-minute overtime periods.

The victory places Harvard in the finals of the Invitation Intercollegiate Polo tourney. They face Cornell Saturday for the championship.

Princeton got off to a fast start by scoring two goals in rapid succession. Calhoun then broke into the clear and scored unassisted. The second chukker found Princeton in complete control and outriding the Crimson three. They scored two more goals.

Harvard Trails

Trailing 4 to 1 at the half, Harvard outplayed the Tigers in the third chukker, but failed to score. In the final chukker, Calhoun exploded and tallied twice within 20 seconds. Then the Tigers settled down and played a good defensive game. With but seconds left to play, however, Princeton's Dave Ellis missed a however, Princeton's Dave Ellis missed a defensive back and shot, and Calhoun tying score came as the bell rang.

Two sudden-death five-minute overtime periods were played, but neither team was able to score.