Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Postal Economy Drive Will Halve Deliveries to Dorms

Mail deliveries to College dormitories and other residential sections, of Cambridge will be halved to one a day in about a week, according to James F. Danehy, superintendent of the Cambridge 38 Post Office. The curtailment is in line with the Postmaster General's order for it nation-wide out in postal service.

Seven routes will be eliminated and the work divided among the remaining carriers. Effective carrier this week, post office windows will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. instead of 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., as previously. Closing time on Saturdays, starting this week, will be 12 noon.

Meanwhile, collection from letter boxes has been reduced. The latest daily collection is 6 p.m. and Sunday evening collections have been eliminated entirely. This means that a letter deposited after 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, the last collection for the day, will not be picked up until 9:45 a.m. Monday.

The reason deliveries have not as yet been reduced, according to Danehy, is that new routes for the carriers have not been fully worked out. Under the new schedule, some students will not receive their mail until the afternoon.