12 Track Men Enter IC4A Events in New York City

Jaakko Mikkola took off for New York yesterday afternoon with a dozen varsity track men. The 12 were selected as potential point-scorers against the rough competition of the annual IC4A meet to be held today at Triborough Stadium in New York City.

Yale Michigan State, New York University, Seton Hall, and Cornell will be standout favorites among 47 entries for the team title, probably in close to that order. The Crimson ought to do better than it did in the winter IC4A's but shouldn't cause the above squads too much alarm.

Harvard will compete in eight events. Ed Grutzner, Harvey Thayer, Ronnie Berman, and Tom McGrath will run the mile relay. McGrath beat Joe Walsh and Lou Tsavaris in time trials on Tuesday. But a lot of other colleges, particularly Seton Hall and Yale, have strong relay groups.

Best local hope for scoring comes in the javelin event, where Don Trimble, Charlie Keith, and Fred Ravreby are among the strongest in the East. Trimble's arm, injured by a discus last Saturday, is considerably improved.

Dave Carter has a chance to place in the 100 and in the broad jump, where Bill Geick will also compete. Chief threat is Andy Stenciled of Seton Hall. Geoff Tootell will put the shot for Harvard for the last time and join Al Wilson against the Elis' Vic Frank and Jim Fuchs in the discus.