Yearbook Appears on Time; Distribution Begins June 1

A Harvard yearbook has come out on schedule for the first time since before the war.

Editors of 314, first all-College annual, will start distribution of their volume at noon tomorrow. The books will be given out to purchasers in all Houses, Dudley, the Union, and the Yearbook Publications office in Holyoke House.

Replaces Album

314, so named because this is the University's 314th year, replaces the Album, which was abolished by the Student Council last year because it was a persistent money loser and was always late. The Council abolished the Freshman Red Book, a Yardling annual, at the same time and for the same reasons.

To replace these two volumes and continue publication of the Freshman Register, the Council set up Yearbook Publications and instructed it to put out a yearbook that would appeal to and could be sold to the whole College. Albums had been aimed exclusively at graduating seniors.

Contents

314 is the first yearbook to be put out under this new program. It contains a summary of the year aimed at all four classes, articles on each House, reports on all extra-curricular and athletic activities, and articles by professors about important developments in academic fields.

The book also features a statistical sketch of the undergraduate and an account of Radcliffe's views on the typical Harvard man.