Yardling 150s Face Browne and Nichols, Tabor in Informal Three-way Boat Regatta

While the Varsity and JV 150 crews take the day off from competition, the Yardling 50s will meet Tabor and Browne and Nichols at 4:30 p.m. this afternoon on a three-way regatta. The race will be an informal one. According to Coach Bert Haines, it will serve chiefly as a time-up before the Yale and Princeton meet next week.

Since the prep school crews have no weight limit, Tabor and Browne and Nichols will hold a probable weight advantage of 15 pounds per man. Haines was unwilling to make any predictions on the outcome of the race, however, having seen neither crew.

As for recent time trials, Haines commented that the Freshman 150s have turned in no improvement during the week--due partly to poor water conditions, Several shake-ups have taken place in the '53 eights, but these changes have been merely from day-to-day. As yet the final boatings for this afternoon have not been determined.

The three 150-pound crews will travel to Derby, Connecticut next Saturday for their third race of the season when they will meet Yale and Princeton. On May 20 the 150s will return to the Charles for the traditional Henley Regatta, their final race of the season.