Law School Fund Hits $1,300,000; Room Names Honor Class of '25

Gifts to the Law School fund have reached the $1,300,000 mark. The Law School is aiming for $1,650,000 by July 1 to pay its share of the costs of the Graduate Center.

The drive has been aided by the Law School Class of '25's reunion gift of $41,000. In recognition of the contribution, rooms in the new dormitories accommodating nine persons have been named in honor of the class.

One dormitory room has been endowed in honor of Judge Augusts N. Hand '90, and members of the New York law firm of Sullivan and Cromwell have donated money for four common rooms in one of the center's dormitories.

Increase Efforts

Several other Law School classes, including the Class of '17, are now increasing their efforts to raise funds for the drive, school officials reported last night. The University agreed to designate a set of rooms in the new halls after any class that raised $50,000 by the 1950 Commencement.

The Law School is also trying to raise $850,000 for its other needs; no deadline has been set for this goal. In addition to the gifts to its drive, the University is counting toward its total a $255,000 bequest from the late William N. Cromwell.

The Law School has also received a full tuition scholarship in honor of Edward S. Harkness, donor of the Houses.