Band Records 2 New Albums

Releases Ivy League Records This Week

The first of two new University Band albums will be released this week, according to manager Paul A. Lucey '51. This album is a re-recording of the 1946 Ivy League Album and contains medleys of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Dartmouth songs.

To make this re-recording the Band assembled 100 pieces of its famed 150-man outfit in Sanders Theatre last spring. Tarpaulins were draped from the balconies of the theatre to eliminate the hollow tones of the earlier album, R.C.A. Victor technicians claim that the use of the canvas along with the latest in equipment make the recordings "near perfect."

Band Will Distribute

Trans-Radio Corporation, which out both the 1946 album and the 1949 "Half-Time" album, made the recordings, Victor did the pressing and the Band itself will handle distribution.

As in the 1946 Ivy album, the arrangements were done largely by Leroy Anderson '28. Anderson's Princeton medley has been replaced this year, however, by an arrangement by John Finnegan '47. Finnegan's "Tiger Medley" was performed for the first time at last season's Princeton game.

Up the Street

The second album, which was out at the same time, will be released sometime in November under the title "Up the Street with the Harvard Band." Lucey expects that this recording will have wide national distribution. This album contains four Sousa numbers, two Harvard marches, and several other band classics.