B.S.O. Slates Five Rehearsal-Concerts For Students Only

Student agitation for more seats at the Boston Symphony's Sanders Theatre concert series may end this fall with the announcement of a special program of rehearsal-concerts open to students only.

Present plans now indicate five Thursday night concerts at Symphony Hall next winter. Tickets will be allocated to local colleges on the basis of demand and the only requirement at Harvard will be the display of a bursar's card. Concert dates and prices will be announced inter this month. Proceeds of the concerts will go to the B.S.O. Pension Fund.

The program, according to George E. Judd '11, the Orchestra's manager, "grew out of demands in a CRIMSON editorial that more undergraduates be allowed in Sanders Theatre when the Orchestra played there."

The Cambridge concert series stemmed in the late 19th century from a B.S.O. fund "to bring the Orchestra to the faculty of Harvard University and Cambridge residens." Today the faculty holds most of the season tickets, with only 88 rush seats available for undergraduates.