Author Wilder Will Help in HDC's Production of 'Skin of Your Teeth'

Thornton N. Wilder, playwright and Charles Eliot Norton Professor of Poetry, is expected in Cambridge tomorrow to help complete the casting of his Pulitzer prize-winning play, "Skin of Your Teeth," which the Dramatic Club is producing in November. Wilder will also help with the actual production work.

Tryouts for the play, lasting from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. each afternoon in the P.B.H. Chapel Room, will start Monday and will be open to everyone, Edmond A. Lovy '51, director of "Skin of Your Teeth," announced last night.

Richard T. Hoffron '52, producer and H.D.C. president, has set November 15 as opening night and the first of eight performances in Sanders Theatre during the following two weeks. Performances will take place every night through November 25 except for November 19, 20, and 24. Ticket prices have not yet been announced.

In an open contest, set designs are now being submitted to Eliot House F-14 to be considered for use in the production. Allen C. Purves '53 will be in charge of sets, while. Frank Rettenberg '52 will head the costume department. William L. Soule '53 has been chosen stage manager for this production.

While he is at the College Wilder will live in Dunster House J entry. He will give the second half of Humanities 2. "The Epic and the Novel." He is replacing Harry T. Levin '33, professor of English, who gave the "Novel" half of the course last year.