Lowell, Elephant, Deacon Quintets Win in A League

Eliot defeated Dunster, 35 to 33, in the House basketball A league yesterday. Jim Davis' ten points helped keep the elephants ahead most of the time, while Hugh Raphael and Dick Kline shared scoring honors for the Funsters with eight apiece.

Fast breaking and sharp passing gained Kirkland a 50 to 22 walk-over from Adams. Jay Fox and George Barclay led the Deacons' scoring parade with 12 points each.

Despite Dudley's Al Kennedy's 17 points, Lowell walloped the Commuters, 47 to 23, in a rather one-sided contest.

In the Yardling American League, Holworthy defeated Mattews North, 36 to 17. Holworthy's Bob Hardy was high scorer with nine points. Meanwhile, Thayer South downed Wigglesworth East, 21 to 13.

First place in the American League will be decided at 8:45 tonight in the Indoor Athletic Building when Holworthy and Thayer South meet. The winner will decide the championship with Matthews South, National League leaders, at 9:45 Monday night in the I.A.B. The National League playoffs were completed prior to the vacation.