Kirkland, Lowell, Winthrop, Eliot Win House 'A' Basketball Games

House basketball moved back into full swing yesterday with seven games played in the Blockhouse. In the A League, Kirkland defeated Dudley, 55 to 46; Lowell took Dunster, 42 to 36; Winthrop downed Adams, 34 to 20; and Eliot beat Leverett, 45 to 28.

The Deacons held down the Commuters all the way, the half-time score being 33 to 24. Fred Wegner led Kirkland with 19 points, while Dudley's Dick Hoffman ran close with 16.

Half-time saw the Bellboys on the low end of a 21 to 19 score, but moving fast in the second period they came up, Paul Altrocchi spurring the squad with 12 points. Hugh Raphael tallied nine to pace his Funster teammates.

Eliot, playing perhaps the neatest game of its season, easily beat a poorly working Leverett quintet; the score at the half was 27 to 10. High man for the Elephants was Pete Collins with 12 points. The Bunnies' big scorers were Lewis Chizer and Ed Maroni, each scoring six points.

Winthrop played a fast game to drub Adams without much trouble, although the Gold Coasters outscored the victors in the second period. The score at the end of the first period was 20 to 4, Winthrop on top. Stan Greene and John Canepa led the Puritans with eight points each, while Dan Moulton took honors for Adams with nine.

Over in the B League, Kirkland beat Dudley, 30 to 20; Lowell defeated Dunster, 24 to 20; and Winthrop took Adams, 36 to 25. The Eliot-Lowell game will be played today.

The C Squash League also saw action yesterday. Lowell downed Kirkland, 4 to 1, and Dunster took Eliot, 3 to 2.