Track Team Rules Choice to Top M.I.T. In Meet Here Tomorrow

Pre-vacation injuries should not prevent the track team from taking its third straight indoor meet tomorrow when Jaskko Mikkola's athletics will be top-heavy favorites over Oscar Hedlund's weak and inexperienced M.I.T. squad.

The Cambridge rivals will meet in Briggs Cage at 1:30 p.m. Freshman events, with the Yardlings highly favored over Huntington School, will alternate with the varsity.

Sophomore sprinter Gil Schiff is leaving Harvard to go to school in Cincinnati; Dick Weiskopf, who pulled a leg muscle against Tufts, will be out until the Yale meet; and distance-runner John Pankey is concentrating on exams.

Aside from this, however, Harvard is at full strength, with two-miller Bill Montague ready to run again and Bob Mello prepared to test his weak ankle in the pole vault and broad jump.

At top efficiency, Mikkola's squad could conceivably take every event. But with Weiskopf and Schiff gone, Ken Childs of Tech can cause trouble in the dash.

Tech may show a little more strength in field events, but Dave Freeman and Ken Bjork can't approach Dick Barwise in the high jump and both Mello and Bob Lown can vault over George Thompson.