Alumni Picks 25 Nominees For New Posts

The Alumni Association Nominating Committee announced the names of 24 College graduates and one former graduate student Saturday as candidates for Overseers, Directors of the Alumni Association, and members of the Fund Council.

Harvard degree holders will elect from these nominations and from others which may still be made by certificate from the alumni body, five men to the Board of Overseers, four to the Directorate of the Alumni Council, and three to the Fund Council.

The nominations, representing 17 classes and 12 states, were made from more than 300 names sugested by Harvard Clubs, college classes, professional school alumni associations, and individual graduates. Elections will be held this spring by means of a postal ballot. The results will be announced on commencement day and the electees will take office immediately thereafter.

Alsop and Wyzanski Chosen

The nominations for Overseers include Joseph W. Alsop, Jr. '32 of Washington, D.C., co-author of the syndicated column, "Matter of Fact," for the New York Heraid-Tribune and Charles Edward Wyzansni, Jr. '27 of Boston. Wyzanski is a United States district judge and was an Overseer from 1943 to 1949.

Marion B. Folsom M.B.A. '14 of Rochester, New York, is the only nominee this year who is not a College graduate. Although graduates of other colleges have been nominated and elected in the past, their number has been relatively small.

Others nominated for the Board of Overseers are: Arthur W. Page '05 of New York, Welles V. Moot '08 of Buffalo, William W. Bodine '10 of Philadelphia, Elliott Dunlap Smith '13 of Pittsburgh, Lewis H. Mills '15 of Portland, Oregon, Bayard L. Kilgour, Jr. '27 of Cincinnati, and Theodore Parker Ferris '29 of Boston.

The nominations were made public by Peter Pratt, secretary of the Alumni Association.