The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Senator Douglas Attacks Britain on 'Isolationism' at Roosevelt Dinner

Senator Paul Douglas charged the United Kingdom with isolationism in a statement of full support of the administration's demand to brand China an aggressor in the United Nations.

Douglas addressed the Massachusetts Americans for Democratic Action's Roosevelt Day dinner Saturday night at the Copley Plaza. The audience was dominated by Harvard students, faculty, and graduates.

Douglas called the reluctance of Great Britain, Canada, India, and France a desertion of the policy of collective security, and attacked them for not voting with the United States to label Red China's "powerful act of aggression . . . because their interests are not immediately involved."

Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. '38, associate professor of History, was toastmaster at the dinner. Other speakers were Governor Paul A. Dever, James Wechsler, editor of the New York Post, and Benjamin V. Cohen, former Roosevelt "brain truster."

Earlier Saturday, at its state convention, the A.D.A. elected John L. Saltonstall, Jr. '38 chairman, Schlesinger and LaRue Brown '04 vice-chairman (among six), and ten College graduates to the state board of 30.