8 Grad Students Join Air R.O.T.C.

Only eight graduate students have enrolled in the University's Air Force R.O.T.C. unit, which was opened this year for the first time since 1945 to non-College men.

Entrance to the two-year advanced course has been officially closed now for several weeks during which classes have been going on. "Qualified students may still have a chance to enter, however, if they apply at Shannon Hall in a hurry," Major E.A. Kremer, assistant professor of Air Science and Tactics, said last night.

Choice of Training

The course involves a choice of training in either flight operations or Air Force comptrollership. The classes meet at least five hours a week.

Graduate students who enter the advanced course must have previously completed the two year basic course. They must also have at least two years of study remaining in graduate school, to complete the R.O.T.C. course. "The permission of the school dean is also necessary for any man to enroll in the unit.

Of the men now taking advantage of the instruction, two are from the Business School and the others from the Law School.